With Cubase AI you can turn your Mac or PC into a beautiful and easy-to-use music studio. This compact DAW offers you all the basic tools for recording, editing and mixing everything from the initial musical idea to the final track. Cubase AI assists you during the creative process — whether you are a songwriter, guitar player, vocalist.
This section allows you to set up your ASIO driver.
To open the section where you can set up the ASIO driver, select Devices > Device Setup and select the audio driver in the Devices list to the left.
The following options are available:
Cubase Ai 5 For Macbook
Opens the control panel for the audio hardware.
Below you can find an overview of the current Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility status for our products. The applications listed as not officially compatible may work using the 'Steinberg Application Installer Tool'As a prerequisite make sure to always have the latest eLicenser Control Center installed prior to the application installation itself! Apr 18, 2018 Our website provides a free download of Cubase AI 5 126.96.36.199 for Mac. The unique ID for this program's bundle is com.steinberg.cubase.ai. The default filename for the program's installer is CubaseAI5.1.1Update.dmg. This free Mac application was originally designed by Steinberg. The application is categorized as Audio & Video Tools. Mac users interested in Cubase 5 for mac 10.5.8 generally download: Cubase AI 5 5.1 Cubase AI 5 is a lean Cubase version tailored to users looking to record their music without additional bells and whistles.
Shows the input latency of the audio driver.
Shows the output latency of the audio driver.
Allows you to select a clock source.
Activate this option, if you use an external clock source.
Activate this option to monitor via your audio hardware and to control it from Cubase.
Allows you to reset all port names and visibilities.
The port input/output status.
The system name of the port.
Cubase Ai 5 Mac Os X
Allows you to rename the port. This name is used in the Input Routing and Output Routing pop-up menus.
Allows you to activate/deactivate audio ports.
The state of the audio port.
Most Yamaha music instrument and audio interface products come with a free license for the Yamaha/Steinberg Cubase DAW Windows and Mac OSX software.
Cubase Ai 5 Review
The Cubase AI installation process is obnoxious and lengthy, but this tutorial should help save you time and decrease anxiety.
(I installed a Steinberg UR22C today for a Yamaha MX49 on High Sierra, but Cubase is not device-specific and is quite backwards-compatible with older versions of Mac OSX.)
The steps are:
Cubase Ai 5 For Mac Os
1. Find your Cubase AI license key and serial number of the device
2. Be prepared to spend the time to download 15 GB plus 2 hours for the software installation. You should have 45 GB free disk space – note this could be a problem on 128 GB disks unless it’s a new computer.
3. Plug in your computer and disable the screensaver or system sleep function
4. Follow the Cubase download instructions, which will involve creating a Steinberg account, doing email verification, and dowloading the download helper (about 100 MB). Save the license activation code (32 hex digits) using Textedit
5. open the download helper and choose Cubase AI full install
6. it will start downloading 15 GB and will show the download rate. You can pause it and continue reliably if you need to select a faster wifi connection
7. after downloading it will start “Verifying.” Wait up to 30 minutes for this to finish. If it takes longer, quit from the installer program and look in the Downloads folder for a 15 GB file and open it in the finder. A window will open that you can click on to run the program installer.
8. It worked if you see a big green checkmark and the message “The installation was successful.”
9. Drag Cubase icon to ribbon
10. Open Cubase icon. It will start eLicenser and do start license activation. Paste in code from #4.
11. Open Cubase icon again. Test Cubase. If successful, you can delete the 15 GB dmg file from Step #8.
12. Click on the download button or link for Mac (10.12 – 10.15) and Yamaha audio firmware updates as needed.
14. Open Cubase and select the audio driver for your audio interface. Note that you can switch audio interfaces during a Cubase session.