|This article refers to the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. If you're looking for information on the Prisma Access VPN Beta that uses the GobalConnect app, see: Prisma Access VPN Beta Landing Page. |
If you're not sure which service you're using, see: How do I know if I'm using the Cisco AnyConnect VPN or the Prisma Access VPN Beta?
Jun 15, 2020 This article shows you how to download and install the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client version 4.3 on a Mac Computer. This article is applicable only to Cisco Business products that includes the RV34x series routers and not Enterprise products. AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is a modular endpoint software product. Cisco anyconnect vpn client mac free download - Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client for Linux, AnyConnect, Cisco Legacy AnyConnect, and many more programs. Nov 21, 2019 Download Cisco AnyConnect 4.5. For windows 32 bit: you click here; For windows 64 bit: you click here; For MAC OS: you click here; Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client v4.x: you click here. Running Cisco AnyConnect 4.5. Since there is no user configuration required, it’s easy to run Cisco AnyConnect VPN client. Complete Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for Windows, Mac OS X 'Intel' and Linux (x86 & x64) platforms for Cisco IOS Routers & ASA Firewall Appliances. Release Date: 22nd May 2017 Version: 4.4.03034 Files included: - anyconnect-win-4.4.03034-predeploy-k9.zip – Installation files for Windows platforms. anyconnect-macos-4.4.03034-predeploy-k9.dmg – Installation package for Mac OS X.
On this page:
- This guide will assist with the installation of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client for OS X 10.6 and later
- You need administrator level account access to install this software.
- Note: Some screen shots may be slightly different from what you see depending on the version of your operating system and the VPN software.
- Download the VPN installer from MIT's download page, Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client for MAC (certificates required).
- Find and open the downloaded file.
- The file will mount a disk image. Open this disk image and launch the file named 'anyconnect-macosx-XXXXXX'.
- On the following screen titled Welcome to the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client Installer, click Continue.
- When presented with the software license agreement, click Continue then click Agree on the slide-down menu.
- If you are prompted 'Select a Destination...', select your primary hard drive and click Continue.
- On the window titled Standard Install..., click the button labeled Install and enter your computer username and password when prompted and click Install Software.
Note: The user must be an administrator of the machine to install.
Result: The VPN client will begin to install itself.
- When the installation has competed, click the button labeled Close.
Initiating a Connection to VPN and to VPN using Duo
- Cisco AnyConnect can be found in the Cisco folder located in the Applications folder (/Applications/Cisco/).
- Navigate to /Applications/Cisco/ and open 'Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client'.
- To authenticate with Duo, enter vpn.mit.edu/duo and click the button labeled Connect.
- Enter your MIT username and password then click the button labeled OK.
With Duo authentication, you will see a field asking for a Second Password.
In this field you may type in one of the following options:
- push - Duo will send a push notification to your registered cell phone with the Duo Security mobile app installed
- push2 - Duo will send a push notification to your _second registered device with the Duo Security mobile app installed_
- sms - Duo will send an SMS to your registered cell phone
- Phone -Duo will call your registered phone
- Phone2 -Duo will call your second registered phone
- Yubikey - If you are using a Yubikey for authentication, make sure the Second Password field is highlighted and use your key. For instructions on using the Yubikey, please see How do I authenticate with a YubiKey?
- The one time code generated by your hardware token or the Duo Security mobile app (the code changes every 60 seconds)
In this example, I entered 'push' in the Second Password field. I will receive a push notification on my cell phone, go to the Duo app and click Approve.
- When prompted at the MIT's Virtual Private Network (VPN) screen, click the button labeled Accept to connect to MIT's Virtual Private Network.
- Upon successful connection, Cisco AnyConnect will minimize itself and you will see the AnyConnect logo with a small lock in your menu bar just to the left of the time.
Installing the VPN Client
- Download the AnyConnect VPN client for macOS 11.0 - 10.15 (Big Sur to Catalina) or macOS 10.14 - 10.13 (Mojave to High Sierra).
- In your Downloads folder, double-click the file you just downloaded to open it. An icon will appear on the desktop called AnyConnect, and a separate window will open.
- Double-click on AnyConnect.mpkg to run the installer, then follow the steps to complete the installation. NOTE: We recommend you un-check everything (Web Security, Umbrella, etc) except for the VPN and the Diagnostic and Reporting Tool (DART). This will give you a minimal install. The other features are not supported so there's no need to install them.
- Starting with macOS 10.13 High Sierra: During the installation, you will be prompted to enable the AnyConnect software extension in the System Preferences -> Security & Privacy pane. The requirement to manually enable the software extension is an operating system requirement.
Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client Download Mac Os Sierra
Starting the VPN Client
- In your Applications folder, go to the Cisco folder and double-click the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Enter vpn.uci.edu in the Ready toConnect to field, then press the Connect button.
- Select your desired connection profile from the Group drop-down menu:
- UCIFULL – Route all traffic through the UCI VPN.
- IMPORTANT: Use UCIFULL when accessing Library resources.
- UCI – Route only campus traffic through the UCI VPN. All other traffic goes through your normal Internet provider.
- UCIFULL – Route all traffic through the UCI VPN.
- Enter your UCInetID and password, then click OK.
- A banner window will appear. Click Accept to close that window. You are now connected!
Disconnecting the VPN Client
When you are finished using the VPN, remember to disconnect.
Download Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client For Mac Download
- Click the AnyConnect client icon located in the menu bar near the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Quit.