Google Drive also offers automatic backup and syncing for Mac and Windows users. That means you can create a file on your desktop that will be automatically synced to the cloud, perfect if you work.
Access Google Drive with a free Google account (for personal use) or G Suite account (for business use). If you deleted something recently using Google Drive or the Google Drive desktop app, you might be able to restore the file yourself. Restore from your Trash On a computer, go to.
Google Drive is a reliable cloud storage platform from the Internet giant that offers an extensive storage space at affordable price. It is the most economical option for businesses as it doesn’t require heavy investment on their part, and the data is readily available anytime, anywhere. Businesses don’t have to set up and maintain their own servers to store data.
The freeware plan offers 15 GB of storage space which can be used to store your documents, presentations, spreadsheets, forms and almost any other file type. While working on your documents, you don’t have to worry about saving changes every time. Your changes are automatically saved after a certain interval.
A major benefit of cloud hosting is that your data is readily accessible on all platforms irrespective of the operating system, browser type, and other hardware-specific configurations. You can access your files not only from your MacBook. but also from Windows PC, Laptop, Tablet, Android smartphone, iPhone and Blackberry.
You can also save your documents to Google Drive straight from your Microsoft Office for Mac Suite. If you’re using a single account for your entire family, there is a greater chance that you might run out of storage space and would need to purchase additional space.
Google Drive offers a standalone Desktop application for ease of access. Now, you can view and modify your files offline. Your files are automatically synchronized with all other devices without needing you to actually do anything.
You can use the Google Drive just like any other partition of your Solid-State Storage (SSD). A shortcut icon in your Mac’s Launcher gives easy access to create new files, view file contents, and move and copy them to another location.
Sending large files on the Internet is no more an issue. You can upload large files and share them with your family and friends with just a unique link. A unique link is a combination of characters that serves as a direct link to the file. You can also specify read/ write permissions while sharing your files.
The powerful Internet-based applications offered in Google Drive suite are a major alternative for Microsoft Office suite. Just like any other Office program, you can use the Format Painter, Spell & Grammar Check, Commenting, Bookmarks, Hyperlinks, and Print in addition to Voice Typing feature that allows you to type text with your voice using a good-quality microphone.
Google Drive Icon For Mac Desktop
Cloud enables real-time collaboration between employees. You can track changes made by your colleagues, tag them into the comments for reviewal. Moreover, you can upload your favorite fonts on Google Drive to make professional-looking, creative presentations. The widely popular Revision History feature which keeps records of each change that you made to your document, allows you to restore any document version at any time, if you wish.
With Google Drive Desktop application, Internet drop-downs don’t affect your ability to download or upload large files. This means that, even if you lose Internet connectivity while downloading a large-sized file, the download process will resume the next time you’re connected to the Internet. You can view the progress percentage, number of files processed straight within the application.
- Open up the Safari browser.
- Download Google Drive through one of the following ways:
- If you’re already signed-in, go to the Google Drive page, and click the Install Drive for your computer icon on the left side panel of your screen. In the subsequent prompt, select Install Drive for Mac.
- Alternatively, you can visit the Google Drive direct download page, and select the Download for Mac option. This does not require signing in to your account.
- You’ll be prompted to select a destination folder. Choose Desktop, and click Save.
- Once the download is completed, double-click the .dmg file installgoogledrive.dmg
- Next, drag over the Google Drive icon to your Applications folder.
- In the Applications window that opens, double-click the Google Drive icon.
- A new prompt will appear on your screen: “Google Drive is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?”
- Click on Open.
- Log-in to your account again.
That’s it, you’ve successfully downloaded and installed Google Drive.
Should you have any queries or need further assistance, please sign in to your GSuite (Paid) account and visit Google GSuite Support page. Choose a medium of communication (Phone/ Chat/ Email).
How To Get Google Drive On Pc
Google provides phone and email support services in over 14 world languages. You can expect an initial response to your email within 1 working day.
- Be sure to mention the exact steps to reproduce the error.
- Provide as much as details as possible including the version/ edition of your Mac operating system.
- You may also be prompted to attach any log files, if required, depending on the complexity of the problem.
Google Drive Live Stream Download
If you’re a free user, you can search for existing questions-answers or ask your queries at the official Google Drive Help Community forum. Click on Ask Now. Type your question, provide further details, and then submit your request.