Search results for mac os logo vectors. We have 186 free mac os vector logos, logo templates and icons. You can download in.AI,.EPS,.CDR,.SVG,.PNG formats. Free download logo logo for Mac OS X. LOGO was created in 1967 for educational use, is a computer programming language with functional programming capability. Mac logo vectors. We have 85 free Mac vector logos, logo templates and icons. You can download in.AI,.EPS,.CDR,.SVG,.PNG formats. With Mac OS X 10.1, a new Happy Mac was included. This is also the last version that had a Happy Mac icon; in version 10.2, the Happy Mac symbol was replaced with the Apple logo. In OS X Lion 10.7, the Apple logo was slightly shrunk and modified.
Beautiful app icons are an important part of the user experience on all Apple platforms. A unique, memorable icon evokes your app and can help people recognize it at a glance on the desktop, in Finder, and in the Dock. Polished, expressive icons can also hint at an app’s personality and even its overall level of quality.
In macOS 11, app icons share a common set of visual attributes, including the rounded-rectangle shape, front-facing perspective, level position, and uniform drop shadow. Rooted in the macOS 11 design language, these attributes showcase the lifelike rendering style people expect in macOS while presenting a harmonious user experience. To download templates that specify the correct shape and drop shadow, see Apple Design Resources.
IMPORTANT When you update your app for macOS 11, use your new app icon design to replace the icon you designed for earlier versions. You can’t include two different app icons for one app, and the macOS 11 app icon style looks fine on a Mac running Catalina or earlier.
Design a beautiful icon that clearly represents your app. Combine an engaging design with an artistic interpretation of your app’s purpose that people can instantly understand.
Embrace simplicity. Find a concept or element that captures the essence of your app and express it in a simple, unique way, adding details only when doing so enhances meaning. Too many details can be hard to discern and can make the icon appear muddy, especially at smaller sizes.
Establish a single focus point. A single, centered point of interest captures the user’s attention and helps them recognize your app at a glance. Presenting multiple focus points can obscure the icon’s message.
To give people a familiar and consistent experience, prefer a design that works well across multiple platforms. If your app runs on other platforms, use a similar image for all app icons while rendering them in the style that’s appropriate for each platform. For example, in iOS and watchOS, the Mail app icon depicts the white envelope in a streamlined, graphical style; in macOS 11, the envelope includes depth and detail that communicate a realistic weight and texture.
Consider depicting a familiar tool to communicate what people use your app to do. To give context to your app’s purpose, you can use the icon background to portray the tool’s environment or the items it affects. For example, the TextEdit icon pairs a mechanical pencil with a sheet of lined paper to suggest a utilitarian writing experience. After you create a detailed, realistic image of a tool, it often works well to let it float just above the background and extend slightly past the icon boundaries. If you do this, make sure the tool remains visually unified with the background and doesn’t overwhelm the rounded-rectangle shape.
Make real objects look real. If you depict real objects in your app icon, make them look like they’re made of physical materials and have actual mass. Replicate the characteristics of substances like fabric, glass, paper, and metal to convey an object’s weight and feel. For example, the Xcode app icon features a hammer that looks like it has a steel head and polymer grip.
If text is essential for communicating your app’s purpose, consider creating a graphic abstraction of it. Actual text in an icon can be difficult to read and doesn’t support accessibility or localization. To give the impression of text without implying that people should zoom in to read it, you can create a graphic texture that suggests it.
To depict photos or parts of your app’s UI, create idealized images that emphasize the features you want people to notice. Photos are often full of details that obscure the main content when viewed at small sizes. If you want to use a photo in your icon, pick one with strongly contrasting values that make the main subject stand out. Remove unimportant details that make primary lines and shapes fuzzy or indistinct. If your app has a UI that people recognize, avoid simply replicating standard UI elements or using a screenshot in your icon. Instead, consider designing a graphic that echoes the UI and expresses the personality of your app.
Don’t use replicas of Apple hardware products. Apple products are copyrighted and can’t be reproduced in your icons or images. Avoid displaying replicas of devices, because hardware designs tend to change frequently and can make your icon look dated.
Use the drop shadow in the icon-design template. The template includes the system-defined drop shadow that helps your app icon coordinate with other macOS 11 icons.
Consider using interior shadows and highlights to add definition and realism. For example, the Mail app icon uses both shadows and highlights to give the envelope authenticity and to suggest that the flap is slightly open. In icons that include a tool that floats above a background — such as TextEdit or Xcode — interior shadows can strengthen the perception of depth and make the tool look real. Shadows and highlights should suggest a light source that faces the icon, positioned just above center and tilted slightly downward.
Avoid defining contours that suggest a shape other than a rounded rectangle. In rare cases, you might want to fine-tune the basic app icon shape, but doing so risks creating an icon that looks like it doesn’t belong in macOS 11. If you must alter the shape, prefer subtle adjustments that continue to express a rounded rectangle silhouette.
Consider adding a slight glow just inside the edges of your icon. If your app icon includes a dark reflective surface, like glass or metal, add an inner glow to make the icon stand out and prevent it from appearing to dissolve into dark backgrounds.
Keep primary content within the icon grid bounding box; keep all content within the outer bounding box. If an icon’s primary content extends beyond the icon grid bounding box, it tends to look out of place. If you overlay a tool on your icon, it works well to align the tool’s top edge with the outer bounding box and its bottom edge with the inner bounding box, as shown below.
In addition to the bounding boxes and suggested tool placement, the icon design template provides a grid to help you position items within an icon. You can also use the icon grid to ensure that centered inner elements like circles use a size that’s consistent with other icons in the system.
Best Mac Operating System
App Icon Attributes
All app icons should use the following specifications.
|Color space||Display P3 (wide-gamut color), sRGB (color), or Gray Gamma 2.2 (grayscale)|
|Layers||Flattened with transparency as appropriate|
|Resolution||@1x and @2x (see Image Size and Resolution)|
|Shape||Square with no rounded corners|
Don’t provide app icons in ICNS or JPEG format. The ICNS format doesn’t support features like wide color gamut or deliver the performance and efficiency you get when you use asset catalogs. JPEG doesn’t support transparency through alpha channels, and its compression can blur or distort an icon’s images. For best results, add deinterlaced PNG files to the app icon fields of your Xcode project’s asset catalog.
App Icon Sizes
Your app icon is displayed in many places, including in Finder, the Dock, Launchpad, and the App Store. To ensure that your app icon looks great everywhere people see it, provide it in the following sizes:
- 512x512 pt (512x512 px @1x, 1024x1024 px @2x)
- 256x256 pt (256x256 px @1x, 512x512 px @2x)
- 128x128 pt (128x128 px @1x, 256x256 px @2x)
- 32x32 pt (32x32 px @1x, 64x64 px @2x)
- 16x16 pt (16x16 px @1x, 32x32 px @2x)
Maintain visual consistency in all icon sizes. As icon size decreases, fine details become muddy and hard to distinguish. At the smallest sizes, it’s important to remove unnecessary features and exaggerate primary features to help the content remain clear. As you simplify icons that are visually smaller, don’t let them appear drastically different from their larger counterparts. Strive to make subtle variations that ensure the icon remains visually consistent when displayed in different environments. For example, if people drag your icon between displays with different resolutions, the icon’s appearance shouldn’t suddenly change.
The 512x512 pt Safari app icon (on the left) uses a circle of tick marks to indicate degrees; the 16x16 pt version of the icon (on the right) doesn’t include this detail.
Logo designing software offer a large variety of pre-designed and highly customizable logos spread across multiple categories. Various attributes of the logo can be customized to suit individual’s requirements. These software save your time, efforts and hassles by providing you pre-designed logos and high-end editing tools.
Free Logo Software For Mac
There are many free logo designing softwares available on the web. Here are Top 10 free logo design software:
1. GraphicSprings: Your ultimate logo master
This free logo graphic design software offers pre-designed logos belonging to various categories with high-end editing tools for maximum customization. You can create impressive logos in 1 minute or even less.
- A vast array of free impressive Logo Designs
- High-End editing tools for personalizing multiple attributes of logos
- Unlimited Downloads at no extra cost
- Friendly Customer Service & Support offering prompt assistance
- The logos can be saved in multiple file formats Like PNG, JPG, etc.
Logos For Mac
2. LogoYes: Free High-End logo designing software for perfect professional approach
LogoYes is free logo design software making it extremely easy to create and personalize the logo in a jiffy.
- Extensive size alteration without losing the details of the design
- The logos look equally nice in black and white as well as colored
- Easy access to 20,000+ elements to customize the logo to meet specific brand requirements
- The final logo will have a perfect professional touch
- Easy 3-step approach: Find industry, choose symbol and customize.
3. LogoGarden: A One Stop Destination for all our logo designing needs
This free logo graphic design software has an extensive collection of thousands of pre-designed logos that can be extensively mould using some simple customization tools. The USP of the software is its pick-n-click tools that cut the complexity of the designing a logo:
- Thousands of attractive logo designs for a wider array of options
- Pick-n-click tools offer complete flexibility to change various attributes of a logo
- Trusted by 1,554,447 entrepreneurs
- Well researched attributes and specifications to suit specific industry
4. AAALogo: Extensive editing for maximum personalization
This logo graphic software is a freeware equipped with a large collection of high resolution images. That is easy to personalize using powerful tools
- A one stop destination for free logo designs, business graphics, banners, buttons and other relevant designing graphics
- No prior knowledge and creativity required
- Most of the designing process like blending, adjusting and resizing is automated
- Option of “Create by Scratch” also available for more personalized approach
- This intuitive program eliminates the need to go through any manual
5. SoThink: Create impressive logos in a jiffy
This freeware logo design software combines creativity and convenience with a wide variety of logo effects. Mix and match tools further make it easy to design specific logos…
- 2000+ preset colors to apply to your design
- Smart Paint Tools to apply duplicate logo elements and styles for multiple logo designs
- One click application to apply rich effect styles from bevel, gradient, shadow, etc
- Various hand drawing tools to suit the basic users
- Easy to search resources using various keywords
6. FatPaint: intelligent software for creating impressive logos
If you are not equipped with creative skills and want to design an impressive logo for free, then this software will go a long way in helping you create the one. It has many strong tools to help you get the best logos with minimal efforts.
- Looks equally great in print and publishing
- Friendly and modern user interface
- Intelligent software
- Drag and drop
- Mix and match
- Fits any industry of interest
- Represent your company and brand distinctly
7. Designimo: The creative force behind perfect logo
Designimo is a robust free logo designing software that is especially designed for users with limited creative abilities. Its rich features wide array of customization options give you unlimited possibilities of creating a perfect logo.
- Thousands of well researched free logo designs available
- Contemporary designs available
- No special software to be installed
- High resolution images that look equally perfect on online and offline resources
- Logo files with Transparent background also available also available
- Equally compatible with multiple browser
- You can also trademark your logo
8. Flaming Text: Distinct Logo Designs with perfect look
Flaming text is a high end free logo designing software having advanced tools to enhance the looks of your logo to meet the desired standards. The software can be used on a browser without downloading
- Largest selection of high quality free logos
- No need of installation
- Easy customizable logos to reflect your brand
- ImageBot, a powerful svg-based graphics editor offers endless possibilities to enhance various attributes like design, size, resolution etc.
- All the logos are well selected and optimization tools further ensures the professional look
9. Online logo maker: Great software with maximum flexibility
This lightweight free logo designing software with clear interface provides various tools to resize rotate and transform your logo. Special fonts that fit well with logo without affecting its signature style.
- It is fully functional and clean interface that eliminates all the complexities
- More than 100,000 satisfied users across the globe
- 1000+ free logo symbols to select across various industries, categories and interest
- Zero knowledge required to start
- Enhanced options for advance effects
- User friendly software
- Extensively tried, tested and customized
All the above mentioned software present maximum flexibility and vast possibilities to customize the logo. You can choose the one that suits you depending upon your specific needs, industry and brand value.