Tracy King updated on Sep 16, 2020 to PC TransferHow-to Articles
How do I transfer my chrome bookmarks to another computer? Here, you'll find two recommended methods for transferring Chrome bookmarks between two PCs:
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. (Auto Transfer) Transfer Chrome with Bookmarks to a New PC|
Open EaseUS Todo PCTrans > Choose 'PC to PC' mode > Transfer Chrome bookmarks...Full steps
If you use Chrome with Google account...Full steps
|Fix 2. (Manual Transfer) Transfer Chrome Bookmarks to a New Computer||Prepare external device > Export Chrome Bookmarks > Import Chrome...Full steps|
- But if you prefer to continue using Chrome, you can revert your Chrome internet browser to an older version, follow the steps below. How to Uninstall Chrome. Close all open Chrome browsers. Go to the Applications folder containing Google Chrome. Drag Google Chrome to the Trash icon in the Dock.
- Google Chrome is built on WebKit layout engine which makes it a very lightweight and fast to launch applicatio Old Versions of Google Chrome for Mac - Oldapps.com This build contains a number of stability fixes and feature enhancements.
If you need to transfer Chrome bookmarks to your new PC in a fast and effective way, follow Method 1 and apply automated PC transfer software for help.
If you prefer a free way to move Chrome bookmarks to a new computer, Method 2 will guide you to manually finish the task.
How Do I Transfer My Chrome Bookmarks to Another Computer
'Hi guys, do you know how to share Chrome bookmarks to a new computer? I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 installed. And everything works so great on the new computer.
And I'm thinking to transfer the saved Chrome bookmarks from my current computer to the new PC. Do you have a similar experience about transferring saved bookmarks on Chrome, IE Edge or even Firefox to a new Windows PC? If anyone of you knows the solution, please help me. Thank you.'
To migrate and transfer browser bookmarks, history, and even downloads files to a new PC is no longer a new need among worldwide users. Some ordinary people still don't know how to make this possible to share their own saved Chrome bookmarks on two computers.
If you are one of these people who are looking for a solution for migrating Chrome bookmarks to a new PC, stay calm. And you can follow either one of the provided methods on this page to resolve this issue with ease.
Method 1. Transfer Chrome with Bookmarks to a New PC (Automated)
# 1. Preparations
To directly transfer Chrome bookmarks to your new PC, follow tips here to get things prepared:
- Connect two PCs under the same LAN
- Download automated PC transfer software
Professional PC Transfer software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans enables you to transfer Chrome with bookmarks, history and even personal settings from your old PC to your new laptop within only a few simple steps. You don't even need to redownload and reinstall Chrome on the new PC.
# 2. Transferring Chrome with Bookmarks
EaseUS Todo PCTrans will transfer the Chrome application with bookmarks to the default location (C: drive by default) on your target PC. Follow the process to transfer your Chrome bookmarks to a new computer with just a few simple clicks.
Step 1. Select the transfer mode.
- Download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both PCs.
- Launch EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the PCs and click 'PC to PC' on one of them.
Step 2. Connect the two PCs.
- Connect to the target PC, then input the account password or verification code of the target PC.
- Check the verification code on the right top of the 'PC to PC' main screen on the target PC.
- Choose the transfer direction and click 'Connect' to continue.
Step 3. Select Google Chrome to transfer.
- Hover on 'Applications' and choose 'Edit'.
- In the list, choose browser such as Google Chrome and click 'Finish'.
Step 4. Transfer Google Chrome to another PC.
- Click 'Transfer' to start transferring Google Chrome to another PC.
- Wait for the transfer process to finish and then click 'OK'.
PLUS: Remember that you need to install this program on both of your PCs for a smooth transferring experience. If the file is bigger than 500MB, you need to activate this software to a smooth transferring process.
After this, by restarting Chrome, you will be able to use Chrome with the original bookmarks on your new computer again.
If you use Chrome with Google account, you can try another automated method. All your browser settings will store in the Google account. What you need is to install Chrome on the new computer and sign in with your account. The browser on the new PC will remind you of import settings and bookmarks.
Method 2. Transfer/Copy Chrome Bookmarks to a New Computer (Manually)
If you don't want to use third-party software to transfer Chrome bookmarks to a new computer, you can directly follow the manual guidelines below to export/import Chrome bookmarks:
# 1. Preparations
- An empty USB or external hard drive
- Download and install a Chrome browser on the new PC
# 2. Moving Chrome Bookmarks
By following through the two stages, you'll be able to move Chrome bookmarks from the old PC to the new PC:
Phrase 1 - Export Chrome Bookmarks
For the latest Chrome users:
1. Launch Google Chrome and click the 3-dots in the right top corner of Chrome browser.
2. Select 'Bookmarks' and click on 'Bookmark Manager'.
3. You will find the 3-dots next to the Bookmarks search bar, under the Chrome address bar. Next, click 'Export Bookmarks'. Clicking this will open the File Explorer on a Windows 10 computer or the Finder on a Mac computer.
4. Finally, choose a name and destination and click Save. Navigate and save the Bookmarks to your external USB and save the HTML file.
For the old Chrome users:
1. Connect a USB or external hard drive to your PC.
2. Open Google Chrome on Windows PC and Click the 'Customize and Control Google Chrome' menu.
3. Click 'Bookmarks' and select 'Bookmarks Manager'.
4. Go to the Organize tab, and click 'Export bookmarks to HTML file'.
5. Select a location - external USB or SD card to save the file and click 'Save'.
Phrase 2 - Import Chrome Bookmarks
For the latest Chrome users:
1. Connect the USB to your new computer and open Chrome
2. Click the 3 dots and move the mouse to point Bookmarks.
3. Then select Import bookmarks and settings, select 'HTML bookmarks' and click 'Import' to continue.
4. Click'Choose File'and then select the HTML bookmark file to import to your Chrome.
For old Chrome users:
1. Connect the USB or SD card to your new PC.
2. Open Google Chrome and clicktheCustomize and Control Google Chrome menu.
3. Click 'Bookmarks', then select 'Bookmarks Manager'.
4. Go to the Organize tab and click 'Import bookmarks to HTML file'.
5. Choose the HTML document and click'Open' to finish the process.
Old Google Chrome For Mac Os X 10.5.8
After this, relaunch Chrome and you should be able to use Chrome bookmarks on your new PC again.
Google Chrome For Mac Computer
Besides exporting and importing, you can also choose a backup method, which is also a workable one.