Professionals have long trusted its power and functionality to put their best foot forward. Students find it helpful as they create presentations for school projects and homework. PowerPoint 2016 is Microsoft’s latest version with new features and streamlined automation. This tool is ideal for anyone creating an impressive presentation, either with all the bells and whistles or with a simple and minimalist style. Suggested design templates help those who are not as tech savvy, while also being incredibly customizable for those who know their way around the interface. It currently occupies 95% of the world’s presentation software, solidifying its place as the industry standard. Using this program is sure to take your presentation to the next level.
Make your slides shine
Microsoft PowerPoint stays ahead of the curve as it releases innovative new features, still remaining the tried and true presentation software of the industry.Microsoft leads many niches including the presentation software industry with Microsoft PowerPoint 2016. PowerPoint can be accessed either by purchasing a single software download or with an Office 365 (O365) subscription. An O365 subscription provides users access to the full suite of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, and Skype. Most users are opting for the Office 365 subscription as the monthly fee is low and provides access to Microsoft’s full business productivity suite.
Some of PowerPoint’s newest and most innovative updates are only available to O365 users. Those with Office 365 also have access to Microsoft’s mobile apps, including PowerPoint for mobile, automatically syncing projects across all of your devices. PowerPoint via Microsoft Office Online allows users to collaborate within a presentation simultaneously, streamlining workflow and fostering teamwork. The latest version also offers templates in over 40 categories including business cards, calendars, flyers, photo albums, business plans, and of course business presentations.
PowerPoint is top-drawer presentation software, and the 2016 Mac edition gains a handful of useful additions to keep the tool vital. Borrowed ribbon: The 2016 Mac edition appropriates the. While PowerPoint 2016 for Mac itself doesn't support inserting an online video, it takes just a few steps to use an add-in that lets you insert a video from YouTube or Vimeo. Insert an online video with the Web Video Player add-in. Jan 13, 2020 Most importantly, it works in PowerPoint for Mac and iPad (and it also works in Office 2016, 2013, and browser versions) Just insert the add-in to your PowerPoint or Excel document, then point it to the video you want to use by pasting in the URL. In PowerPoint 2016 for Mac and newer versions, once you've added a video to your presentation, you can add basic effects, trim the video, and choose how the video is played. Choose how your video is played. Select the video you want to format.
Microsoft stays relevant with their Office Blog where users can connect with experts, see what’s new, and get the most out of their software. Microsoft provides support for large-scale presentations and offers tips on various subjects to improve user success and satisfaction. Within the software program itself, easily navigate PowerPoint’s toolbars to achieve the desired presentation. Business collaboration is upgraded with the ability to use @mentions within slide comments to notify others when you need their input.
Perhaps the most interesting new feature for business users is PowerPoint’s ink conversion capability. Users can draw directly within the “Draw” tab and PowerPoint will convert it to standard shapes. Sketch out an organizational chart within a slide and the ink converter will turn it into actual shapes and text. This takes on-the-fly edits and brainstorming to a whole new level. This feature, like many, is only available to Office 365 subscribers using Windows 10 version 1511 or later.PowerPoint is not just for your average work project though. With new features like 3-D animation and updated slide transitions, students and hobbyists can get creative as they showcase their information. PowerPoint consistently runs smoothly and quickly.
Where can you run this program?
Microsoft Office 365 2019 (subscription) and PowerPoint 2016 (software installation only) are compatible with Windows 10 or macOS. The 32bit version is automatically installed but users can manually choose the 64bit download.
Is there a better alternative?
Google Slides and Apple Keynote are the two biggest competitors to Microsoft PowerPoint. The first and biggest difference between these three is that Microsoft PowerPoint is a paid software and Google Slides and Apple Keynote are both free.
There are also some additional capabilities that come included with Keynote but are an upgrade for PowerPoint users. Google Slides allows you to present via Chromecast, Airplay, or Hangouts, never having to connect any wires. Other than that, the abilities of each program are mostly similar, with some additions and deletions here and there.The big tradeoff lies in familiarity vs free.
Is it worth the learning curve to try Keynote or Slides? Most large companies and those with formal presentation needs will feel safer staying close to home with what they know, which is PowerPoint. With new features added with nearly every monthly release update, Microsoft simply adds to a program you already know, facilitating easier adoption.
Microsoft PowerPoint has been and will continue to be the presentation software front runner for the foreseeable future. For important presentations for business and school, reliability cannot be left up to chance. Making the leap from PowerPoint to another program may introduce risk when the stakes are already high. People like what is working for them and Microsoft is a brand people can trust.
Should you download it?
Yes. Most business professionals and students are working with Microsoft Office products like PowerPoint already. You may be wondering if the O365 subscription is worth it or if you can get by with similar, free programs. That depends on your needs. Download an O365 subscription with Microsoft PowerPoint if you need a familiar, fast, and ever-evolving presentation software. Go for Google Slides if you are willing to work through a learning curve, adapt to a new interface, and if there will not be a negative reception of non-Microsoft products at your school or office. You cannot go wrong with Microsoft.
- How to create a video from PowerPoint 2016
It pays to know how to save PowerPoint as video. Whether you are preparing a PowerPoint presentation for work, school, non-profit, staff training or investor relations. Content marketing is one of the biggest trends of the past couple of years and knowing how to distribute your content via various media is critical to business success. This article will guide and show you, step by step, how to save your PowerPoint presentation in video format. Next, we discuss the advantages of PowerPoint to video conversion and how you can put a single presentation to greater use. This guide is written by 24Slides’ Powerpoint experts and includes instruction on using PowerPoint for Mac.
6 Reasons to save PowerPoint as video
So you are considering saving your PowerPoint presentation as video? Before we show you how to do it, let’s talk about why it’s a great idea to convert your PowerPoint to video.
- You can show your presentation to a wider audience by sharing the video on YouTube and other video platforms.
- Your audience do not need to have a copy of Microsoft PowerPoint to view your presentation.
- Burn your presentation video on CD or DVD and giveaway as promotional material to clients or potential customers.
- Leverage your presentation and increase the return on investment (ROI) of your presentations by distributing them as video.
- The technical ability of your audience will not become a barrier to delivering your message. Your video becomes easy to access without the knowledge and understanding of powerpoint.
- Your audience will see your presentation exactly as you have intended it to be seen. Unlike sharing it as a presentation, some slides may get deleted or changed.
Now that you know why you’re on the right track by learning how to save PowerPoint presentations as video, let’s get into the process of exactly how to do it.
How to save PowerPoint 2010 as a video
If you are still using PowerPoint 2010 to create your presentations, you’ll be pleased to know you can still convert your PowerPoint to video. The process is som simple that you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing this all along.
Whether your presentation contains just text or is a multimedia presentation with sound narration, transitions and video, you will be able to convert it into video. Microsoft PowerPoint allows you to save PowerPoint as video in Windows Media Video (.wmv) file format. If you plan for sharing your presentation as a video before creating it, you can decide whether to record the narration before creating the presentation.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Create your PowerPoint presentation as normal and save it.
- If you’re using narration for your presentation, record the narration and add timings to the slideshow.
- Select the File menu and click on Save & Send.
- Under the Save & Send menu, find and click on Create a Video.
- Click on the Computer & HD Displays option to customise the video size and quality (small, medium and large size & quality).
- Click the Don’t Use Recorded Timings and Narrations to select if you’re using timings and narrations.
- Click Create Video and another dialogue box opens.
- Enter appropriate filename and saving location to save your newly created video.
Once your presentation to video conversion is complete, the video is ready to share via Facebook, Youtube, Vimeo or email.
How to save a PowerPoint 2007 presentation as video
Powerpoint 2016 Mac Als Video Speichern
There are many users still running Microsoft Office 2007, hence PowerPoint 2007 on their computers. If you are one of them, don’t worry, there are ways to convert your PowerPoint to video using a bundled Microsoft product, Windows Movie Maker.
If you want to convert a PowerPoint 2007 presentation to video and you are running a newer version of the program, you can open the file within PowerPoint 2013. You can then use the Create a Video feature to convert your PowerPoint to video.
Alternatively, if you only have access to PowerPoint 2007 and have a copy of Windows Movie Maker installed, you can save your presentation as image files (.jpg). Once you’ve saved each slide, fire up Windows Movie Maker and start a new project.
Next, import all the slides you saved as images into the new project and create your video.
Note: You can include transitions in Windows Movie Maker. However, animations will not convert when you save the slides as image (.jpg) files. Make sure you modify your slides to remove any animations and ensure you do not lose vital parts of your message before saving as images.
If your presentation has narration, you can import the the sound file directly into Windows Movie Maker. If you do not have the source audio file, you can save the presentation as a web page (a separate .wav file is created). You can then import the .wav file into your Windows Movie Maker video.
How to convert your PowerPoint to video in PowerPoint 2013 in 7 Steps
Turning your PowerPoint 2013 presentation slides into a video is easier than you think. In seven simple steps, you can turn your presentation into a video you can share with viewers wherever they are. Here’s how you do it.
- Access Powerpoint’s Backstage View by clicking on File.
- Select Export and click on Create a Video to access the video export menu.
- Click on the Create a Video option and expand the Computer and HD Displays option to select output video size and quality settings.
- Click on the drop down arrow to expand the Use Recorded Timings and Narrations menu. Use this to select whether you’re using recorded timings or not. If not using recorded timings and narrations, set the duration of each slide using the timings option at the bottom.
- Click the Create Video button to show the Save As dialogue box.
- Select the location where you want to save your video and choose a suitable filename for the video file. Also choose the video file type.
- Click Save and PowerPoint will begin converting your presentation to video. This may take a couple of seconds or a few minutes depending on the size of your presentation.
Powerpoint 2016 For Mac Video Free
When the video creation is complete, the video is ready to view, upload to your website, Facebook, YouTube or sharing by email.
How to save a presentation as a movie file in PowerPoint For Mac
If you have an Apple computer running a Mac version of PowerPoint, you can convert your presentation into a movie for easier and wider distribution. The process is similar to Windows system with the inevitable differences between the operating systems. In just a few simple steps, you will be able to turn your powerful presentation into a movie file. The following limitations apply:
- The output is a .mov file compatible with only the Quicktime player or 3rd party converting programs.
- You will lose transitions and animations within the presentation and so make sure you modify your presentation prior to converting it.
- You will also lose narration during the conversion process, you may wish to add the narration as an audio soundtrack to the movie.
The steps are as follows:
- Click on File and choose Save as Movie.
- Click Movie Options to add a background soundtrack (music or your narration) or credits.
- Click Movie Settings to adjust the output quality and video size settings. You can also choose the slide durations, to create a looping video and slide transitions under this option.
- Click OK to close the Movie Options dialogue box.
- Click Save to start creating your video. The process will take a couple of seconds or longer depending on the size and quality options you select.
Once the process is complete, your movie is ready for playback or to convert into other file formats and share via Social Media or other outlets. If you’re using PowerPoint for Mac 2008 and 2011, these steps will work for either.
How to create a video from PowerPoint 2016
You can create a full-fidelity video from your presentation in PowerPoint 2016 in MPEG-4 (.mp4) or Windows Media Video (.wmv) format. In just six steps, you can turn your presentation into a video you can share and distribute on Facebook, YouTube, burn to DVD or via email. Here’s how you go about it:
- Click on the File tab to show file options.
- Scroll down and select Export and navigate to Create a Video.
- Select your video settings preference (video quality, timings and narration, video size).
- Click on Create a Video.
- Choose a filename, saving location and video type (.mp4 or .wmv).
- Click on Save to start video creation process.
This article has shown you how to convert and save PowerPoint as video. Once you’ve delivered a powerful presentation to an audience, making it available afterwards is always a great idea, especially for training presentations. To maintain the presentation in its entirety, saving it as a video and distributing it is the best option. By converting a presentation to video, you are able to reach a wider audience through YouTube, Facebook and other video hosting and sharing sites. We hope you’ve gained some useful insights on how you can achieve that following the simple, step by step guides for the version of PowerPoint you are running.
Did you know?
At 24slides, we provide stunning Powerpoint presentation services and are able to help you and your team have an incredible presentation to film. Take a look at some examples of our work and let’s get in touch. Alternatively, feel free to browse and download hundreds of free Powerpoint templates from our library.