Instead of file:// URL in system proxy settings, one can set a PAC script from local sources using Chrome's internal proxy settings. The emphasis moving forward will be on exposing a common set of capabilities through Chrome's settings rather than inconsistent capabilities from system proxy settings. Enter proxy server settings on Mac. On your Mac, choose Apple menu System Preferences, then click Network. Select the network service you use in the list—for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Click Advanced, then click Proxies. If you configure your proxy server settings automatically, select Auto Proxy.
Check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure that the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server: Go to Applications System.
Go step-by-step through following instructions in order to setup a proxy in Google Chrome on Mac.
- In the Chrome browser, press the “Customize and control Google Chrome” button and choose “Settings”.
- Scroll down to “Advanced” and click on it.
- Scroll down to the “System” title and click on “Open proxy settings”
- Check the “Web proxy (HTTP)” checkbox or 'SOCKS proxy' according to the proxy type you are using.
- In the “Web Proxy Server” field type the IP address of the proxy server and the Port number you have received. You can find them in 'Member area', by going to 'Your IPs'.
- Check “Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS)” checkbox.
- In the “Secure Web Proxy Server” field type the IP address of the proxy server and the Port number you have received.
- Click on “OK
- You may be asked to enter your Mac user password. Enter it and click on “Always Allow”. If you don’t see a “Always Allow” button, click on “Allow”.
- Click on “Apply”.
- The first time you’ll try to visit a website, a window will appear asking for an username and a password. Type your proxy username and password that you have set in Member area.
- Click on “Sign in”
You should be able to enjoy your proxy at this point.
Private Proxies for Chrome
* all of our proxies are subscription based
Proxy Settings For Chrome Mac
Proxy Settings For Chrome On Macbook
Tags: howto, proxy settings, proxy setup, proxy configuration, proxy config, chrome, mac